Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Art Teacher/Mentor: Norman McGuire


 


Just thought I should introduce you all to one of my favorite artists of all time, Norman McGuire. During high school I learned oil painting from him for two years and he's been one of the most inspiring people I've ever known. These are just a few of his many paintings, and who says Christian art is dead these days? The first painting is of Jesus showing compassion to Mary Magdalene right after she was nearly stoned by a mob of self-righteous men, some of which had slept with her and who just wanted to put the blame on her for the sins. The second is of the crucifixion, which is easy to identify. The third is my personal favorite, where the Pharisees and Sadducees  are verbally attacking Jesus and he walks through the crowd without reacting to their words.  

Painter Norm unfortunately doesn't have a website where you can go check out the rest of his work, but if you want to get in contact with him for any reason just let me know.  

4 comments:

  1. Hey there!! I was admiring your blog, and I stumbled across a question I had been meaning to ask you-- what's the title of the first painting you picture? The one with jesus and Mary Magdalene; thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Adna! Norm hasn't given out the names of any of his paintings, and he is also very hard to get in contact with. Sorry about this!

      Delete
  2. No problem, don't worry about it! That's really interesting and mysterious...thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. I have been searching for Norman for years! We attended church together and Kristen baby sat my oldest daughter, Tricia, for me. I have missed them so very much. He painted a mural in our youth building. Most beautiful. Please, if you can, let them know Brooke is trying to find them. We were so close before they moved. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

© The Art Spectrum 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis